This page is about privacy on the website. This is one of the three pages detailing our legal notices:
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you…
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may from time to time also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and for internal reporting purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways…
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- to notify you about changes to our service
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you from time to time about these by email, post or telephone. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email your request to email@example.com.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (“the James Walker Group”). We may disclose your personal information to third parties…
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If all or substantially all of the assets of any company within the James Walker Group are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. We recommend that you check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any such request should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.